Monday, November 07, 2005

when you're on your own

Song Of The Moment

Well, the lights get hooked up in the new place today. Half my stuff is moved in (couch, beds, bookcase etc.) .. the other half is still in storage though til this weekend. SO, I haven't really spent an actual "night" there yet. Tonight though, going to pack up a few neccessities and take it down. Tonight, I will be living in Cornwall.

Work is going awesome too...overtime up the ol' ying yang. Worked 10 hour shifts the past 3 days. With overtime pay being 13 bucks an hour?...ya, taking FULL advantage of THAT! Now that I am into a new place, my next goal is buying a vehicle. Haven't decided on what exactly....was thinking of a truck, only because of all the "sorry, can't help ya's" I was getting when I was moving into this place...but that decisions' not based on anything but bad moods. A truck would come in handy....more useful for hauling things and more dependable for getting around in the winter. I HAVE decided that it won't be a used one either. The way I see it, a used truck at 500 *might last* for 3 - 4 months before the inevitable breakdown. If I spend that 500 on a down payment on a new one, I get more reliability, longer life AND less chance of the "Can I get a boost?" calls at 7 in the morning.

Other then that?...things are going ok, I figure. Trying to concentrate on moving forward, which means not looking back. Reflecting on the past always gets me stuck in a rut...and I can't afford to do that at this point. No self-pity acts, no "victim" roles being played...just another Canadian guy trying to make something out of this life.






Ciao

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I am glad u got everythign set up. This seems that you wanted it.. Sooner than u expected. I know.. I am glad I was able to help... I wont be home till later tonight and I have the key....

Anonymous said...

Will say you have been for the most part a delight to have... I am glad This made it easier for you to find the independance you wanted... Cheers... See yah later tonight...

Fiend said...

Thanks alot for everything, T! You know, it isn't until you are placed into a situation that you CAN'T get out of that you realize that the good things you do in Life come back to help you out.
Crashing at your place helped me get my bearings and helped me get back on my feet again, what with trying to get back on my feet again in the FIRST place before the "ex-friends" ejected me for my "opinions" on their parenting...opinions that were NOT openely expressed, I might add.

jeez...

I know that there's a lesson to be learned from all this somewhere but I fail to see it and am tired of trying to think this out...maybe I'll just place it as a "Life event" that happened and is now over.

Sorry 'bout turning down your drive but, I had things to do...have to take care of things on my side you know.....anyways, thats it....

Spent my first night there and man, what a blast! Standing in the kitchen, listening to the silence of MY PLACE...lovin' it....

Anonymous said...

Good to hear.. Glad things are well there. I know that today is the first day you had with ALL your stuff. Must feel good. Keep in Touch. I hope you do well. I am glad I could.. Things will work out... Keep those opinions... Save those kids... That is why I did this and that you are a good friend... Protect those kids... NOW you can.

Anonymous said...

Good to hear.. Glad things are well there. I know that today is the first day you had with ALL your stuff. Must feel good. Keep in Touch. I hope you do well. I am glad I could.. Things will work out... Keep those opinions... Save those kids... That is why I did this and that you are a good friend... Protect those kids... NOW you can.

Fiend said...

wow, are you studdering?

jk...and yes, now that my "things" have been collected (without incident, I might add), I can now decide on what course to go ahead with on ensuring that what I witnessed there does not continue....

Any suggestions?

Anonymous said...

you know what to do.. Just make the call.. There is a 1-800 in the book.. You need to make those kids safe. It will make you better person doing so . This is why you are independant now..

Fiend said...

You are right....today is wednesday and the only thing I have been thinking of is "whens payday?", when I *should* be thinking "when can I get that call over with?"

Call will be made later on today...

...will keep ya posted....

Anonymous said...

Awesome. You will be a better man for it. You will feel batter.. Cheers T

Fiend said...

ew, the only people designated to feel "batter"'s are the "batter"'s wives...or maybe their physicians....

none the less, the call WILL be made!

Anonymous said...

oops Better

Fiend said...

heh, yes, "better" is better...

Anonymous said...

yup