Saturday, October 08, 2005

wallet-sized photos of the queen

Song Of The Moment

Payday has come and gone and let me tell ya, being held back pay is a crappy way to start any job but, with enough time and irritating patience, I should make this work. With enough money to pay my dearly seperated ex-wife, my little girls rapidly growing RESP and some left over to spend on moving costs to move things from my ex girlfriends house, it was a welcome break to get out for pool and convo last night with my Ontario-PEI lady.

Even though most of my good friends insist that I am going to "move right in" with this one, I am trying to see if I CAN, for once, take it slow. I have been through alot (not saying most people in Life haven't been) and I have come to realize that staying true to yourself and seeing what your expectations OF yourself is much more important then the simple desire to "be with someone". I've done things, I've seen things...but in the end, I want no regrets.
*besides, this one is somewhat my type intellectually*

Rain is pouring down at present and my thoughts are returning to days of old and how they have changed to now. I am reminded of a Robert Frost poem that almost entirely defines my feelings on this rainy October afternoon...
"Natures first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay."






Ciao

0 comments: