Sunday, September 25, 2005

time for change

Song Of The Moment

I think the cold breeze in the air this weekend was a good sign that Summer is almost at a close. The leaves in the woods are starting to show thier fiery colors and the evening air carries my breath in ghost-like plumes of smoke.

As my little one and I walked the trails, both wearing fall jackets, the in-between-ness of the seasons struck me. Sunny skies and cold weather....almost pumpkin season. It seems like just yesterday I was watching the last of the winters' snow slowly melt by the sides of the road, black and shrinking. And *wanting* to get out of the house because the heat inside was so intense.

Now, as we both discover the shetland ponies in the neighbours field, you can almost hear the crinkle of the leaves in the trees as they prepare to drop to the ground. The dandelions we both pick to feed him are dry and willing to be pulled out ... like they know its almost time to go. And to think, a few weeks ago, it was so summer-ish.

Guess its time to get out the Fall/Winter jackets and prepare for the cold..... til then?....I think I'll enjoy the colors and the briskness of it all. The sharpness of the view as I look out into the night sky, the feel of the evening breeze on my face, chilled by the season. And watching my little girls amazed expression as she discovers the season all over again.






Ciao

1 comments:

Fiend said...

Thanks lady.....I tried not to "poet-icize" it up, but it cam out as I was typing it.....