Saturday, January 28, 2006

Some things just DON'T mix!!!

SITE OF THE MOMENT!!!
*song of the moment to return soon*

Notice whats missing in that window?

....look carefully....

NO SERVICE PACKS!!!



I never knew how important *having* updated software on your computer WAS until I got my new pc just recently. (How important AND how dramatic it can be without it). I got everything installed on the pc and tried to run a few simple programs.....DENIED!!! All required the 'All-Powerful, All-Knowing' SP2 to run. This is the struggle you have when you do NOT keep up with the Joneses.

Thats not the end of the story though.
In *TRYING* to download and install said Service Pack:
#1. It took over 3 hours to inspect my system, back up my files and actually download it
#2. After downloading it, 1 1/2 hours are required to INSTALL it!
#3. Ever try re-booting after doing a major update to your computer? Tack on another 1/2 hour to get it set up and running again (or maybe I need more RAM?)

In the end of it all, the pc is running fine but I am starting to think about alternatives. Working for Apple means using a mac all day.... and suffering from certain culture shocks as well
1. At home, I get the "Blue Screen of Death".
2. At work, I get the "Gay Pinwheel of Death".
So, I think, if the opportunity arises, I might get a mac. Great speed, awesome digital design.... but until then, I will have to endure the torturous trials of Windows.







Ciao

1 comments:

Fiend said...

Odd...it says there is a comment in here somewhere....I received an email with exactly what it said...but I look in here and there is just no comment found!

GOD I LOVE MY COMPUTER AND THIS WHOLE INTERWEB SOMETIMES!!!

To whomever posted....thanks! If I could remember what you commented about, I would provide witty banter about it, possibly creating a funny rapport with you and your situation/anecdote/comment.

Since I cannot, ....uh......ya, thanks!