Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Tech Support For The Tech Support

Song Of The Moments Future Re-appearance is Being Researched As We Speak

So, I bought a new computer last payday. Its not a "brand-spanking" new pc, like I want, but it is definately faster then the one I had at the first of 2005. Along with it, a good friend of mine mailed me a google of computer-type-things (20Gb hard drive, cd burner, dvd drive, RAM, software etc.) and, with all that, my cheaply bought pc is actually a pretty impressive unit.





Getting it all installed however was another story.....




The friend who sent me all the stuff walked me through all the installations for the stuff and, well, lets just say, HE'S a far better tech support persona then *I* ever will be. After being on the other end of the tech support line, I now understand how much these people do. I am, after all, an idiot when it comes to computer "hardware". Give me an ipod and I'll walk all OVER it...but installing computer parts is (and can be) a painful process. Long story short, I now am the owner of an upgraded pc that, just this morning, was hooked up to the internet.

To go along with all that, I won a 100$ gift certificate to Future Shop at work the other day and am going "pc accessories" shopping tomorrow, to see if I can further accessorize this. Gravis pad for the little ones computer games, webcam for all my "camming experiences"..... whatever else strikes my eye I guess. And its all thanks to a little patience for the technologically dumb and some guy from Ontario who has WAY more patience then *I*.






Ciao

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Just glad your finally on line... * hours on the phone (In Three Sessions) for ONE site is more than a little excessive, and is probably a new world record...

Be PROUD, Fiendy, be proud. Just like we alway's said about you, your one of the "special" ones.

> That's special bus, special, before you get TOO proud... :P <

And your welcome, buddy... :D

Fiend said...

ah-YUCK!

Fiend said...

Sorry, to be *clear* as to what I meant by the above post, I shall re-iterate....

*puts on his hockey helmet and drools*

a-HYUCK!


Better?