Sunday, December 04, 2005

What else should I be?

Song Of The Moment

In todays society, with its digital videos, cell phones and downloaded Christmas cards, people have stopped appreciating the simple beauty of a rose. Its fragrance goes unnoticed and its true meaning is lost. When did the paper-wrapped flower bouquet become replaced by an iPod?
In any case, I have always believed in giving roses to people who are special to me...but, just in case I forgot someone along the way, here is your rose.







This pink rose is for my ex-wife, Janet. It signifies my appreciation to her for not letting me destroy my relationship with my daughter when our marriage broke up. Her courage showed only as bitterness and anger to all around her, but, in the end, she has risen up and shown who she can be... strong for those that deserve it.

Thank you Janet.

This rose is for my first love, Tanya. So long have I known her...to this day, even though our paths have taken us away from each other, we can still laugh, talk and remember the good times with a smile. This rose signifies the friendship I have in her ... and the friend she will always have in me, regardless.


For my daughter, Amber, I give you this white rose. Your innocence has proven to me, time and time again, that no matter what the problem is, there's *always* a solution. Your love has kept me going for all these years and you don't even fully know this yet.

Here's your rose, sweetie...Daddy always loves you.


This flower might or might not ever have an owner. This rose is for the woman that captures my heart, never to let it go. I have given this rose to several people in my lifetime, only to discover that they deserved a different color. So for now?... this rose will stay with me, until that person crosses my path and decides to make it home.


This flower is laid on the ground, beside a stone in the country. I lay it there in the hopes that Mom will look down from Heaven and see it. I hope and pray she knew how grateful I am for all that she tried to teach me about Life and love. And I hope someday to see her again and show to her how much her teachings did for me.


This rose does not exist, but, its meaning holds true all the same. I give this flower to myself, on long dark days, when the sun refuses to shine in my heart...I will look at this rose and know that "anything is possible and even the unattainable can be reached."




~Ciao~




They are not long, the days of wine and roses:
Out of a misty dream
Our path emerges for a while, then closes
Within a dream.
-
Ernest Dowson, 1867 - 1900




5 comments:

niffty friggins said...

i've seen this post before?

Fiend said...

yes, its a re-post

Yanked it originally because it was deemed as "girly"

I've thought about it and have decided that I wanted it in here regardless...


...that and its been a busy week with not too much to comment on. More upcoming rants in the future.

Nice to know someone remembers it though!

Anonymous said...

I remember it from before too. Both times I read it, I got tears in my eyes. Love it.

Fiend said...

Aww shucks.....tanks guys!!




(er, guy and girl)

Fiend said...

Muchos gracias, lady....

You get a cellophane rose, one that is transparent and almost see-through, signifying your presence in my thoughts, even though your physical presence is not here.