Monday, March 02, 2009

Hey who's to say you know I might have changed it all

Song Of The Moment

The old puzzle had almost all it's pieces. I knew this because I would see one or two of them every now and then. There were only about 6 pieces but they were all where I last seen them. I would often say "I should see if I can at least get all the pieces back together in one place again. Then, maybe some day, I'll put it all together."
I never did. Time has a way of prioritizing you, pushing things to the back of the shelf. New things are so shiny and distracting that I forgot about the old things.

My sister died this morning and one of those pieces is gone forever.

Would it be like this? If I had taken the time to see if everything was ok, be less of a hermit, would I be wearing black now? Outcast by myself into the shadows, feeling loss but only able to vocalize it to the walls that have kept me company for so long? Only able to let my words dribble out in this fashion, in the hopes that re-reading it in the future will put things into perspective?

I'll never know. I didn't take the time.








Ciao

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jeez...you have my sympathy for your loss.

I've never lost a sibling, but neither have I ever felt the need to put "pieces" of my life back together. I can't begin to imagine how you must have felt, or feel currently. I don't know what could've been, but I do know that every day you are alive is another day to correct a mistake you've made. I've made many a few myself, and I'm still looking to correct them.

Be it simply ignoring a friend too often, or apologizing to a neighbour for something you did last year, I never see a reason not to try and fix it. Remember, the glass is usually half full, y'know?

Trying is the first step towards success.