Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Why don't you get your mind out of the past?

Song Of The Moment

Just when you think you have a handle on it
It changes color and flavor
Wish to hell I could detach but I can't
Only one thing left in the world that means something

Don't pull me in
I only need what you have
I don't want what you have to give
You decided this

My life has strayed away from that line
I kept what was important
And remembered the words
Black does not turn to white overnight/or does it?

You CANNOT erase the years of bitterness with ignorance
Apologies don't even begin to fade the scars left behind
Change, 'real change', can start to heal it
But I don't see it yet, two faces on one head

Everyday I meet people, some stay, some go
But there are only two that mean anything to me
One is a little girl who knows I love her
And the other is me






Ciao

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen, brother.

Fiend said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Fiend said...

This post has been cleverly worded by the author.... 'cause that's what Life is all about. Not what you hear or read, but what others *allow* you to.