Monday, December 01, 2008

Stuck in a world of isolation while the ivy grows over the door





Swine will dine on the oysters prize
And wild dogs run free through the church
Someone has profited from the absence of caution
The world has ended and began somewhere

But the headlines are blurred beyond reason
The fine print bold and underlined
It all makes sense when you close your eyes
And think about nothing at all

Trapped between the then and the when
Trying to brace up the doors
But the damn phone won't stop ringing
Even though there's nobody home

And the irony of it all is the incomprehensible release
The invisible milestones marking the way
Pictures made of cellophane; Letters written in white
No one the wiser for the hole that's been dug

Undeserved and taking more/Setting fire to the locks and keys

4 comments:

peijoe said...

omg your writing is so beautiful.

Could bring a tear to the eye of a savage.

Some nights I can't bear to read because you are speaking my thoughts and feelings. I always come back though.
I could never put them into words like you do

You should be publishing this.

I know a writer. I took a creative writing course from her. Would you mind if I sent her your blog?

She would love it.

Fiend said...

I have no issue with you sending my blog to your friend. I've often thought how I should be at least backing all this up to a file or print it all off, but I'm a slacker of sorts (the amnesiac kind) and haven't.
Thank you honestly for the compliments, Joe. I learned a long time ago that the one way I can try to make something out of all this stuff floating through my head is to write it down.

Fiend said...

"The world has ended and began somewhere"
posted by Fiend at 2:27 AM on Dec 1, 2008

Y'know, sometimes, I think I'm psychic, eh Matt?

Anonymous said...

can you email me: mcbratz-girl@hotmail.co.uk, i have some question wanna ask you.thanks