Monday, September 15, 2008

All the world's a stage, it's just that I ain't on it anymore

Just another night
Just another day ended
And even though I tried
I come home empty-handed

These walls tell me lies
It's all they have heard, after all
Have to drown out the fake stories being told
With the slow-moving reality

Mirrors reflect the door, making more escape routes
Doubling the company
But when no one enters, no one leaves
And these walls are not my friends

Two clocks on different walls
Ticking off-beat to each other
One is the Past, the other the Now
And both won't wait

The pictures are all weathered and torn
Missing important pieces
Keeping the dust-covered facts
And denying the Future its' hold

When Night falls, there is no change
It's only closer to tomorrow
But tomorrow has turned into yesterday
And my hands are still empty

0 comments: