Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Toggle the Hold switch on and off.

Song Of The Moment

So I think I'm slowly starting to lose my mind. The more I look around at work, the more it is starting to resemble an insane asylum. Walking to the lunch room, I pass by a lady, repeating to herself over and over "Old people do NOT need an iPod...old people do NOT need an iPod..." Sitting in the smoke shack, you can almost guess the first thing everyone has to say "I just had this caller...." or "My *last* call was weird"... or "I hate iPods" etc etc. I think I have gotten over the initial 'I think I'm cracking up" stage, however, when I sit at my desk and listen, I no longer hear the mantra 'ipod ipod ipod ipod' over and over like I used to. Now, I hear people talking out of the phone. Sometimes I understand what they say, and sometimes I say a few words back into the mic, just to acknowledge my presence. "Ipod needs resetting" is usually a good line to say at any given time...buys you about 2 minutes of "My mind is now a turnip" time, with which I can sit and ogle the girls sitting in the cubicles across from me.

Basically, I can sum up almost every call I get in the run of a day in 4 major categories.
1. My iPod is scratched/dented/runned over by a semi and I DEMAND a new one, coz Apple cares.
2. I own a HP ipod and do not have that support line number.
3. I live in Canada and do not have the Canadian support line number.
4. I am stupider then a bag of hammers and need help pushing 2 buttons on this thing I paid almost 300 dollars for.

Its interesting analyzing the typical "Phone Support Customer" though. So much so that I have started running a personal experiment. Nightly I have been dialing a random 1-800 #, just to see what I can get out of it. So far nothing but it's a test still in the works, really. In case you're wondering though, 1-800 THERAPY is NOT a legit toll-free # from PEI.







Ciao

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, DUH! Of course 1-800-THERAPY is not available from PEI... Even the greadest therapists have some standards. They would go broke trying to cure YOUR issues, fiend. Let alone those of your Co-Provincials.

You oggle female co-workers while on Tech calls and you wondered why I watch "Bewbie" movies (American Pie III - Band Camp)on my computer while walking YOU through the steps that got your computer up and running. :P

And yes, Users are dumb. But whats WORSE is a User who is a tech... They usually physically hurt themselves, or others. :P

Fiend said...

Somewhat like being a drug-dealing doctor....

"Need a fix"
*writes a prescrition*
*can't make out the hand-writing*
*spazzes out*

Fiend said...

**prescription

Anonymous said...

Ummm, Isn't time for another Blog to be posted by you for me to make fun of? :|

{taps foot}

I'm bored here, c'mon... Hurry up.! :P

btw, I REALLY liked the MP3 walking through iPod resetting.

You are now a POD-CASTER! :o

You b@st@rd... :P

Fiend said...

LOL....seriously, 5 seconds after I get the email notification of your post, I hit "Publish" for the latest post..... whoa man...spooo-ooky, or what?

Unknown said...

You guys really scare me...
People in general scare me...
iPods scare me... and I own one...
The walls are scary....
Question girl is scary...
My car scares me...
The outside world scares me...
I need a job where I am locked in a little room with a lot of computers again. I spent 2 years in an office that no one could find, and that was great for me. :D

Hide me from the world, I am not ready.

Fiend said...

For all those wondering..

Question girl is that chick at work that says EVERYTHING like it is a question. You know....the last word of every sentence has an upward pitch, making it seem like a question. What makes it even FUNNIER is that she's seriously MENTAL. Yup, dumber then a bag of dirt.

Don't worry Matt....question girl scares me too.... scares me that I am almost desperate enough to do her.

ACK!