Sunday, November 02, 2008

I should've held on harder to my innocence...

Frigging right I'm starting over.
Clean slate, no hate
Been too long living with this grey skyed sight
May as well be blind

I've made enough mistakes in the past
To know when and where not to make them next time
I've learned, seen and lived
And now I just want amnesia

Blue skies & innocence can be found
You just need to bite your tongue
Insert a laugh when you can
And stop being stubbornly wrong

Open your damn eyes!
See what you're making?
No one wants that
So start over

2 comments:

peijoe said...

Today I have a fresh start. I choose to begin a new letting go of unhealthy thoughts. feelings and attitudes that have stifled my growth .
This day I choose to think new thoughts, to look at new values and to find new ways of expressing my God-given gifts.
I now choose to deepen my understanding of myself and others. I will look at my relationships family and friends in a new light. I choose to have vital, healthy interactions with others.
I truly welcome this new day, this new year,and this NEW ME. I welcome the wonderful possibilities open to me.
Reading your blog brought this reading to mind. Notice it is about me (the reader) there comes a time in our lives pal when we have to nurture just us. I am in a program that is sometimes called a "I program" It is not easy for us to be about ourselves when we are use to giving to others. To continue to be healthy enough to give to others we have to look after us first. Love your self and others will respond.
By loving ourselves we are able to bite our tongue, inserting a laugh will be easy.

Luv your righting pal

Fiend said...

Thanks bro ... sometimes I wonder, if I wasn't so analytical, would my writing be the same? or would I even need to write at all?