Tuesday, October 14, 2008

When did I change?

I'd like to say a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to the asshats that completely screwed my day up. It's nice to know that, even though you and yours are NOT keeping a positive outlook on this whole Fathering thing, you can take that extra step to continually make my Life Hell. Bravo!

Now, even though your work was flawless (and probably took little to no effort), there were a few minor tweaks you could try next time for added interest. I'll list them here, in no specific order.

1. Try mimicking her voice tone as well as her wordings. This way, it will be like I'm actually talking to HER, .. wait, apologies .. "getting yelled at by" is a better terminology. Not that I can't hear her in the background, mind you, but as you've claimed, your phone is pretty sketchy sounding, making everything said away from the receiver sound like Charlie Browns teacher. So, for example, sentences like "She's getting migraines because of all this stress. I'm going to take her medical reports to child services if you don't stop." would sound better if you use a higher-pitched, controlling tone.

2. A question like "I told you I was going to see her from such and such a time on such and such day. Don't you remember?" should be answered with "Crap, I wrote that down I think but I don't think I could find it now, place is pretty messy", followed by the sounds of rummaging through something. Yes, I know, this is lying (You DON'T write anything I tell you about scheduling, even though I asked. GOOD!), but it would add an extra level to the whole drama!!

3. Instead of just hanging up on me, putting the phone down and calling me down would be acceptable. It's been done before, so it's tried-tested and TRUE! Good examples of calling me down could be "Grow up and act like a man.", "Why would I let her hang around with someone like you?" or "We ALL think you don't care."

Everything else is spot-on though! I'd say "Keep up the work!" but, that would be said with too much sarcasm. That and, I have absolutely NO doubt this kind of thing will continue for a few more years, until the hate stops.

My Daughter drew a picture a few weeks ago. I asked her what it was. She told me it was her happy thoughts. You see, in my Daughters happy thoughts, the sun is shining, her and I and our kittens have gone for a summers picnic. NO WHERE in this picture was there a phone receiver being disconnected abruptly, no silhouettes of people yelling at each other over TRIVIAL things.






Just something to think about.

2 comments:

peijoe said...

Man oh man The drama in your life. How can you stand it?
I know you have to stay connected because of your daughter. It all seems so dysfunctional---- a common occurrence in society ---------
I am learning how not to be affected by it all fuck them
On a lighter note. I was at the court house this morning and congratulated them n the new doors. the ones drove through by a distraught woman were big heavy and unwelcoming just like the law and courts
Talk care bro

Fiend said...

It's funny how now, only 3 months later, the same person is acting all nice as shit to me, like nothing ever happened.
2-faced people make me sick!