Sunday, February 03, 2008

And although my eyes were open, they might just as well have been closed.


"Floating through time, like an ageless statue
Moss collecting in the shade and lines running through my brow
Not really here anymore, existing in the Past, unable to create new memories, no matter how hard I try
All there is is silence." - Hugh MacEachern

I want to start this entry with one sentence. I am not gay. I like women.... ALOT! I just have all this frigging baggage. It's bad enough that I can't even pick up the really, REALLY desperate chicks. You know you're messed up when a crack-ho says "Yea, maybe not, ok?"
So, what else? Ok, got a new 4x4. It's like Bigfoot's evil twin! Can't wait til Summer... hell yea. AND, got a nice little promotion at work. Less work, more pay, niii--iiice. Also, my Daughters Grandfather (Poppy) is now on speaking terms with me, after almost 10 years. Why? "Because I want to be your Daddy's friend" :)

Still waiting for her though, wherever she is. I'll always be waiting, til the dust turns to rain.

Ciao

3 comments:

peijoe said...

Hi Guy
Your poetry is beautiful. Sad part is that it is true. There is a saying that yesterday is gone tomorrow is not here yet so live for to day. You said it in your poetry, existing in the past. You can never move forward when you are walking in the past. You ARE able to create new memories.
You say you can't pick up the really desperate chicks. You don't need desperate chicks. You deserve better.
You must be looking for love in all the wrong places. I have no idea where you hang but it can't be where real woman want a real man that will love and nurture them and return that to you. They are out there pal. Please cut your self some slack. You have a promotion, hot sounding truck, a daughter that loves you and a Poppy that on speaking terms with you.
I would say 2008 is getting off to a good start.
What would being gay have to do with anything?? I am married , happily for over 25 years and like men, nothing wrong with being gay. I can get the chicks and the dicks.
Mark Twain said he could live two months on one good compliment. I am saying this to you as a compliment.
Hope you take it as such and think more positively.

Fiend said...

You know what Joe? *That* was cool. Thanks!

Fiend said...

The dust turned to rain 5 months ago. My world changed as well. I read these old blogs and wonder who this person was that wrote all this. I am glad he found someone who makes him happy.