Thursday, March 15, 2007

Occasionally glancing up through the rain

Song Of The Moment

Where are you? Sitting in front of a computer? At home? On earth? In Love? In pain? Reality is a funny thing, see? Its all about 'perceptions', and we all have such limited 'perceptions', due to the fact that we percieve what is around us through a limited number of points, five actually, and those five points filter what we percieve. Your eyes have retinas, ears have drums, skin has nerve endings, etc etc. We don't really 'see', ... what is there is filtered through these lenses into what we can comprehend.
Filtered through the "how will this benefit me" lens.
What would it be like to actually understand that first question I asked? To know WHERE you are... without it being hindered by all these filters and lenses. If asked this question tonight, I would honestly have the first answer not typed. Because the first honest answer is "I am alone". No one wants to hear that, so it is not said. Truth or not. Ok, maybe I'm reaching with this one, but hey! THATS what I do!
Final thought. We are all looking for something, but we never find it. Because we don't *really* understand what we are searching for. Maybe its time we all took the time to fully think about what we are looking for in Life, before we lose the chance to find it....

Ciao

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the song, now about that game of pool.... ;)

Unknown said...

My Reality cheque bounced long and ever ago.
But it's a fun way to live. Living free.... FREE!!!!!
And I perceive nothing, because nothing exists.

Anonymous said...

well then........what it seems to be is.........we are all looking for the place that "feels" like home........I found that once.....for 17 1/2 hours......I suppose Im doing better than most....happy journeying.....meh you know who......you just do!

Fiend said...

ummmmmmmm no?

No, can't say I do?

*searches internet for a mysterious "period-typing* poster*

Fiend said...

Ok wait, I *do* have a few 'assumptions' as to whom this is, based soley on writing style.
And if it is whom I think it is?

Person #1 response : Don't worry, hun. Things are only what you percieve them as.

Person #2 response : Hey you... long time no hear! Stop letting Reality belt you in so tight, aight?

Person #3 response : I don't remember adding an "anonymous" to my list of "People I know"... so, please stop posting in here, mkay?