Monday, July 17, 2006

I'm still looking back into the past

Song Of The Moment

Looking back, this week vacation was probably the best I've ever had. Last year, I was in S'side, living with a woman and her kids. It was ok but, when vacation time came, not only did I *not* take a vacation BUT I spent most of the time my little one was over with her kids.

Now don't get me wrong. Her kids were awesome. But I hated having to share myself with them. I know for a fact my girl had a blast with all the things we did that week. Having stories read to her every night, camping out in the bedroom, going sight-seeing. But I am reminded of how she would go out into the yard and, even though there was always a gaggle of kids to play with, she would always climb into the neighbours treehouse, alone, and play all alone.

As I drove her home after that week, I asked her if she liked me living so far away and with other kids. She said all she wanted was to spend time with me. This year, by comparison, was what she wanted. Just my girl and I, playing. The whole week. Pool next door. Kids from the neighbourhood coming over to ask if she wanted to play, but then leaving when the play was over. This week was the longest time I have spent with my young one, for 5 years. And even though we didn't do much, it will be remembered.






Ciao

1 comments:

Fiend said...

Thanks M'Lady!!

I hope all is well in your quadrant of the world as well!!