Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The sacred geometry of chance

Song of the Moment

So many memories, it's hard to keep them all in place. I remember when my Daughter started school. I wanted so badly to be there for her first day, to be there when she got on the bus. I couldn't be there though. She lived so close and so far away from me. I could only watch from down the road, as she nervously stepped onto the bus, all smiles and sunshine. I sent my love to her with a whispered sentence as the bus drove away.

The bus went by every day where I lived. I woke up early to stand out in the parking lot and chance seeing her, to wave and send my smile her way. Too many mornings, it drove by in a flash ... one moment then gone. It was enough for me to imagine she had seen me waving.
One morning, the light turned red and the bus had to stop. I strained to see if she was watching for me. So many faces looking out the windows. Except for one, ... in the fogged up window, I saw a heart, drawn in the fog. And my girls face, smiling and waving back. All the chances were worth it for that one moment.

Life is about chance, doing what you can when you can do it. Keeping those special memories with you and trying hard to make more.

0 comments: